Matt has been involved in golf for over 20 years, he has seen all aspects of the market from playing professionally for 4 years to running a professional shop at a leading resort in the north of England. His passion has always been the game of golf and how it has been played and also how to improve that. With the guidance of his father Adrian Fryer a Fellow of the P.G.A Matt has now embarked on the same route hoping to become a great coach and further his already vast knowledge of the game and help golfers of all levels play to their full potential. With an easy going yet informative and driven approach to coaching Matt is quickly establishing himself as a coach anyone would enjoy improving with.
Matt’s coaching beliefs
- Relating to a pupil is Key; understanding how they learn and receive information is the base to improvement.
- Every golfer whether it’s a tour pro or beginner is important to the game and should be treated equally.
- Work with what the pupil has, we are all different and last time I checked there was no set way to swing a club.
- You only get out what you put in and establishing what you want will establish how we need to get that.
Matt’s best bits in golf
- Shooting the course record 63 (-8) at Warrington GC when playing off 4 handicap.
- Winning first event as a pro golfer with a course record at the time 64 (-5) at Davenpot GC.
- Favourite course Old Head in Cork Ireland played in Cleveland Pro Am 2008
Matt away from golf
Love technology which lead to my YouTube Channel for golf tip.
Love snowboarding and can’t wait to go back to Whistler, Canada.
Big fan of anything New York and would like to live in Manhattan and teach at Chelsea Pier.